I have made this punch on more than one occasion. People are always surprised when they find out that it is really tasty and it does the trick…if you know what I mean. Not only will your party be off to a great start, but it’s also great for your wallet!
This recipe is quite simple and will serve about 6-8 people (if everyone gets two refills each) and 12 if everyone only has one glass. If you have an extra large punch bowl, you should probably double this recipe.
- 2 750ml bottles of nice champagne or sparkling wine.
- 1 750 ml bottle of extra dry Andre sparkling wine (do not get flavored kinds because you will have a wicked hangover- excess sugar is the enemy!)
- 1 750 ml bottle of sparkling apple cider (try not to get any that have corn sugar= hangover)
- 2 12oz cans of ginger ale
- 1 can of frozen juice (choose: raspberry lemonade, cranberry, pink lemonade, white grape or fruit punch. I’ve tried other flavors but they just don’t taste as good as these).
- Bag of ice
- Garnish: 1 lemon, 1 orange, or 1 whole pomegranate
- Potato peeler, sharp knife, tablespoon
- Slotted wooden spoon
- 1 large bucket or punch bowl.
- Chill your bottled ingredients and the ginger ale ahead of time.
- Make sure your frozen juice is in the freezer.
- Once people begin arriving at your party, bring out your punch bowl and add the apple cider and ginger ale by pouring it against the side of the punch bowl (as if you were serving beer) so your punch doesn’t have a lot of foam on top.
- Pour your bottles of sparkling wine into the bowl (pour these like you poured the ginger ale and cider).
- Take out your frozen juice and add it to the mixture. Use your slotted spoon to stir the frozen block until combines with your ingredients. It doesn’t have to dissolve completely, just enough that the punch has some of it’s flavor. Keeping it partially whole will help keep the punch cold during the party and will flavor the punch as the night goes on.
- Float ice in the punch (just enough to cover the top). You don’t want to add too much that it waters it down!
- GARNISH: Use your potato peeler and zest your lemon or orange. Peel all the way around the orange or lemon and then twist the skin around your finger and then pull the ends to release oils in the skin and drop it in the punch. For your pomegranate, cut the fruit in half and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds in one half of the fruit; float the seeds on top of the punch. PRETTY!
- Enjoy your party, you’ve earned it!
How did your punch turn out? I’d love to hear feedback!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!